Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shingles - It starts with an itch...

WARNING!!!
Below pictures might send you puking or make you itch like mad.

One summer day, scratch! scratch!, didn't think much of it.
Day 2, still didn't bother me that much other than me thinking its either bed bugs or I am just really dirty.
Day 3, scratching becomes a task and I even got my husband to help me scratch. He said it looked like major bed bugs and that I am DIRTY not the bed.
Day 4, I think this is more than bed bugs, it hurts and its growing...showed my mum a pick and straightaway she said..SHINGLES!!!! which followed by 'make sure you don't eat eggs and chicken'.

It's spreading and it's definitely growing redder...and more painful.

Day 5, I couldn't sleep cause of the pain, and constant itch. Literally had to sleep on my hands so that I don't touch it...not like it lasted long when it became numb and out of blood. Went to the pharma and Dr. confirmed shingles. No meds given other than pain killers.

It is still growing as you can see and spreading like i'm a piece of canvas. Inflamed as well.

 Day 6, I think it has stopped spreading but the pain has increased and now even other parts of my back hurts, itches and its just stinging me. As you can see Calamine lotion has only made me fairer and doesn't work on shingles.


Up close and personal with the bubbles....urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate my body at this rate.

Day 7, More and more bubbles/blisters are appearing and I feel really disgusted with myself more than the pain and agony. I can't even sit up properly or have a proper meal. I wanna dig this chunk of meat out. I am high and overdosing on pain killers which makes no difference later I find out. 


Day 8, At this point, the pictures can speak for itself. I feel like I am hosting a crab family. With crab roe on my body. Very red and ultra sensitive. Went to the Chinese herbalist and he told me to stop applying any cream or even pain killers. Gave me a bunch of grass/leaves concoction to eat and boil to drink for 5 days.


Day 9, Day 1 without pain killers. This was when I realised that pain killers did not even work in the first place. Nerve and muscle pain is nothing like a headache...it causes headaches too. As you can see, from the above pic and below, there is no more redness at the sides surrounding the blisters. I did not use any cream other than dabbing Tea Tree oil to clean up the area. Those that have been accidentally popped is redder than the others. The pic below this pic is in the morning when I got out of bed...all red and stuff.



Day 10, The blisters are very prominent now, you can see the clear liquid in it. Blisters are getting bigger too. I didn't have any pain killers and neither did I apply any hydrocortisone.


This is what the Chinese doctor told me to do...I kid you not!!! He told me to mix 1 part Licorice Roots and 1 part Honey Suckle leaves to boil, drink it and use the leaves to patch on my shingles. Please be reminded, do it your own or you might infect someone. Throw it away and clean up and leftover. At first it kinda hurt as it was sitting on my ultra sensitive skin. After a while, I didn't feel anything but a cooling effect.


The before and after pics. Hard to tell any difference. 


Did the patches of leaves twice today and I can see that most of it is drying up. Peeing alot too due to the pots of boiled leaves I was told to consume. Less itchy but the pain is more intense internally.


Day 11 - to be updated...

No comments: