Thursday, January 31, 2013

Malaysia's radiology vs Australia's radiology

For the past few months i've been in and out of hospitals doing Ultrasounds, CT scan and an MRI Scan.

In Malaysia,

Ultrasound - Was done right after I had an Colonoscopy and a Gastroscopy after fasting and only drinking whatever liquid mixture I was only allowed that cleanse the crap out of my intestines, stomach and bowels. All I did was lie down and the Doctor did the ultrasound. The tests came out fine.

CT Scan - Wheeled in and had a head check and given 'lousy' explanation or rather wrong information from the Dr in charge that day. She said I had an inflamed left brain ventricle. Or rather a flooding brain.

MRI Scan - Got an Intravenous Line inserted on my hand and dye was injected whilst the scan was being done. Got up and went home and tada I had an arachnoid cyst on my left brain.

In Australia,

Being questioned and told by the Dr about the procedures after I told him what I went thru in Malaysia.

Ultrasound - I am suppose to drink liquid and hold it in whilst the ultrasound was done.

CT Scan - A blood test should be take to ensure that my liver is healthy enough to accept the dye which will be injected...

MRI Scan - Again, a blood test to be taken to ensure that my liver is healthy enough to accept the dye and a post blood test to check that my liver is functioning well after the 'ordeal'. I hate needles.

Conclusion

I am not a Doctor and neither am I going to try to be one. The medical bills was way way way more expensive even after conversion and after adding back the medical benefits.

If the pre check procedures were not done correctly I am sure it would've some way affected the results or even screwed up my Kidney and Liver.

I never understood patient's pain in the pocket and in the head until I had my experience getting thrown from one doctor to another. I had to even bargain for my scans to be printed in films but I still didn't get it because they were being pricks. I had a really badly written radiologist's report which even had spelling errors in it. It didn't even specifically state what cyst I had.

The Neurosurgeon that first saw me said - 'Oh! we got to get this out as soon as possible, but I won't do it cause i'll just place a shunt in it. He recommends it be done quick but its not urgent..... (I don't know what he was trying to say)

Another popular Neurosurgeon told me to not panic and do yearly scans to ensure that it isn't growing or affecting any important parts.

Maybe my experiences are not as BAD as others but seriously, it's a real pain in the arse!

I feel that the Doctor's are exploiting the patients especially when they have a medical card, medical insurance, Letter of Guarantee and a freaking credit card on the tab.

God bless all those who are unwell and I hope and pray to God that all those unwell will recover soon.




No comments: