Thursday, May 16, 2013

Asam Laksa in Melbourne Laksa King vs Petaling Street on Lt Bourke St

Craving for Asam Laksa

Usually I would just head straight to Laksa King without a doubt. Consistency and authenticity. So far, Laksa King has been living up to their name. 

Lots of fish, onions, mint leaves, and even the noodles are the right kind.

Asam Laksa - @ Laksa King

One day, whilst at Chinatown, we went to eat at Petaling Street Malaysian Restaurant on Little Bourke. I ordered the Asam Laksa.

The moment it arrived I already knew I ordered something that wasn't their forte.

I did not call the waiter or waitress cause they seem 'TOO BUSY' with 10 out of 35/40 tables. I wanted to just consume and see what I have to endure.

Firstly, the soup tastes like Chicken soup and Har Kou.
There was only a 20cent coin amount of fish which I think was from a can
Why is everything chopped up in such large forms?
Why are you serving me the 'heart' of the onions? Not only did you not cut it properly, you just chucked the whole thing in. Plus, where are the red onions?
The noodle to me tasted like Udon noodle. Maybe I am wrong, but the whole dish just made me lose all my senses.
I probably went thru 15% cause I was too hungry and contrary to popular believe...I do not want people spitting in my food.
The soup is so clear and diluted that you know its just SOUP STOCK!!!



I feel sorry for this restaurant. You have such a great location and a nice ambience. But I will not come back anymore. My husband had your nasi lemak rendang. It was on par but he had flatulence for 4 days. I am not saying its the food, but just coincidentally after it. He never experience such 'tornados' which lasted this long or that strong.

Please I beg, stick to what you can dish up best.




No comments: