Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Everyday Questions 7 - 'Potted Food'


Recently at a friend's wedding in Teluk Intan.

Usually at weddings, you get like 10 dishes or western style dining ala almost fine dine in masses. This is my first time being served what is called a 'poon choi''. Or in direct translation to my knowledge its 'pot vege'' or ''potted food''. Every time I try to remember its name I have to think of flower pot.

There is Duck, Chicken, Prawns, Scallops, Broccoli, Chinese Cabbage, Sea Cucumber, prolly other stuff I never touched and all cooked separately and stuffed into this pot of soup.

At first I thought it looked kinda wrong chucking everything together was just a lazy way, but apparently it was a celebration dish and you only get to eat it at celebratory events.

It was good stuff and the soup was just tasty ass...but I still can't buy the idea of chucking everything into one big pot of soup....can you?

But if anyone knows anywhere in KL where you can just order a similar dish like this let me know, I would like my parents to try it.



No comments: